Are You a Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Awardee in Ohio or Wisconsin with a Technical Challenge?
Who is sponsoring this technical challenge?
Spearheaded by Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI) and Milwaukee 7 (M7) Economic Development Partnership, we are introducing a pilot program as part of the Midwest Innovation Exchange (MIE) Project called MIE SBIR Tech Expertise Sessions. This pilot project will provide a new, collaborative approach for national laboratories and small businesses to bridge the Phase II to Phase III SBIR commercialization gap(s) and accelerate small businesses innovation.
What will I gain?
If your company is accepted into our pilot program, you will be eligible to receive up to 8 hours of technical consulting from experts at NASA. In addition, you will get exposure to numerous partners in Wisconsin and Ohio, including NASA and the US Economic Development Administration.
Who can apply?
We are seeking any Ohio or Wisconsin-based, Phase II SBIR award winner from any federal agency during the last three years (i.e. FY2016-Present) that has a technical issue applicable to NASA Glenn Research Center’s high priority technology areas.
Here is a general list of high priority areas:
- Lunar exploration
- Communication technology
- Power and energy storage
- Space propulsion
- Sensors and electronics for extreme environments
- Materials and structure
- Space resource utilization
- CubeSat subsystems
- Electrical machine and components for hybrid and all-electric aircraft propulsion
- Airbreathing propulsion (or gas-turbine engines)
This is a fantastic opportunity, what do I do next?
What is the timeline?
- June, July and August – rolling applications (deadline August 16, 2019)
- June, July and August – review of applications, possible phase two technical application
- September and October – if you are selected for the pilot program, you will be awarded an individualized technical expertise session with a NASA specialist and technical facilitator assigned by our team.
Who do I contact for more questions?
Senior Program Manager
Ohio Aerospace Institute
Vice President of Innovation